REEL TO REAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION 2010
“It’s Not About Me!”
Short film makers are invited to submit entries 10 minutes or less in length, in any genre, to the Reel to Real Short Film Competition.
Entries must in some way reflect the theme of the 2010 competition, which is 'It's Not About Me!', in a way that, however obliquely, touches on or sets people thinking about some of the big questions raised by the way of the Buddha.
We welcome drama, documentary, animation, or combinations of all three, and we look forward to creative, provocative and ingenious ways of approaching and exploring the theme.
Closing date for entries is May 3, 2010. The screening of finalists will be on May 15, 2010, 2-4pm, as part of the Reel to Real Sydney Buddhist Film Festival, held by the Buddhist Festival Month and Zen Open Circle, at the Footbridge Theatre, Sydney University (Parramatta Road, Glebe).
Entries to be sent on DVD (two copies each) to PO Box 593, Crows Nest, NSW 1585
· Films must be 10 minutes or less in length (including titles and credits)
· Films should reflect the theme 'It's Not About Me!'
· Minimum resolution should be at least 640 x 480 pixels
· Films should be submitted on DVD in PAL TV format
What to submit:
· Two copies of the DVD (please check your DVD plays in its entirety on a DVD player before submission)
· A signed copy of the Entry Form (download here)
Where and when to submit:
· Entries should be postmarked NO LATER than Monday, May 3rd 2010.
· Entries to be addressed to “Reel to Real Short Film Competition” and sent to PO Box 593, Crows Nest, NSW 1585
· There will be two awards for this competition.
o Judges’ award
o Peoples’ award (to be judged on the afternoon of screening by the audience)
For those films which make the shortlist for screening, we invite the filmmaker to introduce their film.